Year End Giving Reminders
As the end of the year approaches, it’s time to leave your mark: donate to or make grants from your fund.
Donate to Your Fund
- Checks must be postmarked by Friday, December 31, 2021.
- Gifts of public securities must be received in our brokerage account (Smith Moore) by
12 noon CST, Thursday, December 23, 2021.
- Wire transfer: Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution on or before 2 p.m. CST, Friday, December 31, 2021.
- ACH gift: Give by 2 p.m. CST, Friday, December 31, 2021. Visit stlgives.org/give-today.
- Online donation: Give by midnight CST, Friday, December 31, 2021. Visit stlgives.org/give-today.
For Public Security and Wire Transfer Assistance
Operations and Administration Officer
Make Grants From Your Fund to a Nonprofit
- Submit your request to make a grant by 12 noon CST, Thursday, December 9, 2021 for best chance of postal delivery by end of year.
- Your recommendations received by 12 noon CST on Wednesday, December 22, 2021 will be postmarked by Friday, December 31, 2021.
- Grant requests received between 12:01 p.m. CST Wednesday, December 22, 2021 and Friday, December 31, 2021 will be mailed in January.
Tips for Fund Central
- When searching for an organization, start typing the name until something shows up, then scroll through the list to find the right organization. Consider using the most unique word to search, such as ‘Science’ if looking for the St. Louis Science Center, rather than ‘St. Louis’ or ‘Saint Louis.’
- Be sure to start from the Community Foundation website at stlgives.org and then click “My Fund” to assure you are at Fund Central. If you have not set up your password for Fund Central, let us know and we can send you a URL tied to your fund.
- Tip: Fund Central sees upper and lower case as unique letters, and our system default saves all emails as lowercase. Try using all lowercase if you aren’t able to login. If you have issues, please contact the Donor Services team.
For Grantmaking or Fund Assistance
Donor Services Manager
Director of Donor Relations and Services
Donor Services Manager
Our offices will be closed on Friday, December 24, 2021, and Monday, December 27, 2021.
Save the Date! Give STL Day returns May 5, 2022.
Make a Gift: Consider the Community Endowment Fund
As you plan your year-end grantmaking, consider supporting St. Louis’s future. The Community Endowment Fund is the Foundation’s permanent resource that grows through your support and provides invaluable funding to local nonprofit organizations forever. This fund helped the Foundation respond quickly to the urgent needs amplified by the COVID-19 pandemic and ensures the kind of regional agility necessary to meet unforeseen challenges.
The Foundation’s knowledgeable staff convenes community experts and nonprofit leaders to make the most impactful grants, often joining efforts with other funders to increase impact. Your gift to this fund ensures the resources will be there to address priority needs in the future. Recommend a grant from your donor advised fund in Fund Central, or make a direct donation at stlgives.org/give-today.