Year End Giving Reminders for Fundholders
As the end of the year approaches, it’s time to leave your mark: donate to or make grants from your fund.
Donate to Your Fund
- Checks must be postmarked by Friday, December 30, 2022.
- Gifts of public securities must be received in our brokerage account (Smith Moore) by
- 12 noon CST, Thursday, December 22, 2022.
- Wire transfer: Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution on or before 2 p.m. CST, Friday, December 30, 2022.
- ACH gift: Give by 2 p.m. CST, Friday, December 30, 2022.
- Credit card donation: Give by midnight CST, Saturday, December 31, 2022.
Make Grants From Your Fund to a Nonprofit
- Submit your request to make a grant by 12 noon CST, Thursday, December 8, 2022 for best chance of postal delivery by end of year.
- Your recommendations received by 12 noon CST on Thursday, December 22, 2022 will be postmarked by Friday, December 30, 2022.
- Grant requests received between 12:01 p.m. CST Thursday, December 22, 2022 and Saturday, December 31, 2022 will be mailed in January.
Make a Gift: Support Foundation Initiatives
As you plan your year-end grantmaking, consider supporting the Foundation’s initiatives.
- Community Endowment Fund: the Foundation’s permanent resource that grows through your support and provides invaluable funding to local nonprofit organizations forever. This Fund ensures the kind of regional agility necessary to meet unforeseen challenges.
- Investing for the Future Scholarship Fund: a community-funded program that awards $1,000 scholarships, renewable for three additional years. This program is funded by donor gifts. Every year, dozens of qualified applicants are denied due to the limited funds available.
- St. Louis Digital Divide: nearly half of all households in St. Louis City and County experience unequal access to digital technology and will require investment to ensure adequate long-term internet connectivity. St. Louis is positioned to be a leader in this area nationwide.
The Foundation’s knowledgeable staff convenes community experts and nonprofit leaders to make the most impactful grants, often joining efforts with other funders to increase impact. Remember, your donor advised fund cannot accept the required minimum distribution from your IRA, but any of the above funds can. Your gift helps the Foundation plan for the future.
Tips for Fund Central
- When searching for an organization, start typing the name until something shows up, then scroll through the list to find the right organization. Consider using the most unique word to search, such as ‘Science’ if looking for the St. Louis Science Center, rather than ‘St. Louis’ or ‘Saint Louis.’
- Click here to go to Fund Central. If you have not set up your password for Fund Central, let us know and we can send you a URL tied to your fund.
- Tip: Fund Central sees upper and lower case as unique letters, and our system default saves all emails as lowercase. Try using all lowercase if you aren’t able to login. If you have issues, please contact the Donor Services team.
For Grantmaking or Fund Assistance
Donor Services Manager
Director of Donor Relations and Services
Donor Services Manager
For Public Security and Wire Transfer Assistance
Operations and Administration Officer