Reminders & Deadlines For Your Year End Giving
We want your year-end charitable giving to go smoothly. Here are some helpful reminders:
Donate GIFTS to Your Fund
- Charitable stock donation must be received in our brokerage account (Smith Moore) by 12 noon CST, Thursday, December 24, 2020. Please contact Jenny Praytor for transfer instructions.
- Checks must be postmarked by Thursday, December 31, 2020.
- Wire transfer: Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution on or before 2:00 PM, Thursday, December 31, 2020. Please contact Jenny Praytor for transfer instructions.
- ACH gift: Give by 2 PM CST, Thursday, December 31, 2020. Click Give today for more information.
- Online donation: Give by midnight CST, Thursday, December 31, 2020. Click Give today for more information.
Make GRANTS From Your Fund to a Nonprofit
- Submit your request to make a grant by noon CST, Thursday, December 10, 2020, for best chance of postal delivery by end of year. Your recommendations received by noon on Wednesday, December 23, will be postmarked by Thursday, December 31. Grant requests received between 12:01 PM Wednesday, December 23 and Thursday, December 31 will be mailed in January.
Tips For Donor Central:
- If you have multiple grants to submit, use the “Save for Later” button, rather than the “Submit” button after checking “I agree.” You’ll be able to review your list and submit all together from the Home screen. This will result in a single confirmation email to you and a single email with your complete list to the Foundation.
- When searching for an organization, start typing the name until something shows up, then scroll through the list to find the right organization. Consider using the most unique word to search, such as ‘Science’ if looking for the St. Louis Science Center, rather than ‘St. Louis’ or ‘Saint Louis.’
- Be sure to start from the Community Foundation website at www.stlgives.org and then click “My Fund” to assure you are at the new version of Donor Central. Make sure pop-ups are allowed for the site. If you have issues, please contact the Donor Services team.
Need assistance with your grantmaking or your fund?
The Foundation office will close at noon, December 24, 2020, and reopen at 8:30 AM, December 28, 2020.