Preparing for Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday is on November 30, 2021. We’ve collected some resources and tips for your nonprofit. Don’t miss out on this opportunity—more than $2.47 billion was raised for U.S. nonprofits in 2020!
Our Top Tips
- Consider sending emails to donors from previous years and thank them by name. Remind them of their previous donation amount and give them a direct call to action to donate that amount—or more—this year. Subsequently, when someone makes a donation, send them a personalized thank you email.
- Create a compelling ask
- Tell donors exactly what their contribution will do for your nonprofit. In addition, be specific and use photos and quotes to tell your story.
- Be consistent
- Your message and visuals should be consistent and should be branded with your logo. Above all, you want donors to recognize your nonprofit amidst many similar messages from other organizations.
- Use existing stakeholders
- Provide Giving Tuesday resources to your staff and board members. For example, ask them to share social media posts—don’t forget about LinkedIn! Also send them email templates to forward on to their networks.
- Nonprofit FAQ – Giving Tuesday
- Nonprofit Tools and Resources – Giving Tuesday
- Answers to the Top 13 Questions Nonprofits Have About Giving Tuesday – Nonprofit Tech for Good
- 6 Weeks to a Successful #GivingTuesday Campaign (FREE Webinar) – Nonprofit Tech for Good
- Don’t Let These 8 Donation Match Myths Hold You Back – Classy.org
- 10 Creative Giving Tuesday Ideas – Donorbox
- Nonprofit Giving Tuesday Toolkit – MightyCause
- Giving Tuesday Master Checklist – Classy.org
- 8 Examples of Successful Giving Tuesday Social Media Strategies – Funraise
Save the Date for Give STL Day
Give STL Day is on May 5, 2022! Give STL Day is powered by the St. Louis Community Foundation and is part of the Foundation’s initiative to expand charitable giving in our community. Over $4 million was donated to local organizations in 2021. Registration for Give STL Day 2022 will begin this fall.