How to Support Hurricane Florence Relief & Recovery Efforts
News of the tropical cyclone known as Hurricane Florence made landfall on the Carolina coastline Friday, September 14 hammering the state with powerful wind, rain, and intense flooding.
How You Can Help
Donations from the public are needed to help offset the cost of the extraordinary emergency response and recovery services required during — and following — the storm. Donors who want to help support Hurricane Florence relief and recovery efforts have a number of options, specifically donations via community foundations are the wisest choice for disaster giving, as they ensure that your funds are put to good use.
- are located within the community affected, and know where the needs are greatest
- have transparent grant processes for vetting and granting donations
- support long-term recovery efforts and immediate relief efforts that help to rebuild communities
A number of community foundations in the path of the storm have already established funds to help those who are affected in their communities, including:
- Coastal Community Foundation: Disaster Relief Fund
- Community Foundation of the Lowcountry: Disaster, Recovery, and Rebuilding Fund
- Foundation for the Carolinas: Hurricane Florence Response Fund
- North Carolina Community Foundation: Disaster Relief Fund
- Waccamaw Community Foundation: Disaster Relief Fund
Like you, our thoughts are with those whose lives are affected by this terrible storm. We are always heartened by the St. Louis region’s response to crises, both local and national, and as ever, we appreciate your generosity.
St. Louis Community Foundation Fund Holders: You can make a grant from your fund for response efforts using DonorCentral or by contacting Wendy Witte at firstname.lastname@example.org.