Get Involved on #GivingTuesday
#GivingTuesday has grown into an important part of the year-end push for many organizations across the globe. #GivingTuesday is a 24-hour period of giving meant to catalyze generosity and help transform communities nationwide. It was created in 2012 when two organizations, the 92ndStreet YMCA in New York and the United Nations Foundation, intended to allocate one day per year to celebrate giving. Since then, the movement has grown immensely, raising more than $3 billion last year in the U.S. alone.
Here at the St. Louis Community Foundation, we believe in inspiring charitable giving—and #GivingTuesday does just that. #GivingTuesday 2023 will be held on November 28. Nonprofits need funding and support to meet an increase in demand for educational, food, healthcare, housing, and other needs.
Below are ways you can support nonprofits and get involved on #GivingTuesday (from givingtuesday.org):
- Give time by volunteering for nonprofit
- Give voice by advocating for causes and issues you care about
- Give dollars by donating to a nonprofit in honor of #GivingTuesday
- Give goods by organizing a donation drive for a nonprofit
- Give kindness by complimenting a stranger, buying someone’s lunch or calling a friend
- Give talent by giving your skills to help a nonprofit with marketing, HR or technology
- Share why you give by posting on social media and encouraging others to do the same.
There are so many ways you can help spread kindness on #GivingTuesday. Giving Tuesday is your day to inspire philanthropy in yourself and in others. Learn more about how you can participate in #GivingTuesday 2023 at givingtuesday.org.