How to Apply for a Scholarship – 3 Easy Steps!
Click on the “Apply for a Scholarship” link above or copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: www.myscholarshipcentral.org and follow the steps below:
Create an account.
- Click on the blue “Apply Now” button to access the Scholarship Central application site.
- Click on the gray “Sign Up” button in the top right corner of the application site.
- Enter a valid e-mail address and password to create a secure user profile.
- Check your e-mail for a link to confirm your account and password. You must click on that link before you can proceed. If you do not receive the link in your inbox, check your spam/junk mail folder.
Complete the General Application.
- Once you have confirmed your account, login again to Scholarship Central to complete the General Application. This asks for your contact information, GPA, college, and other information.
- You will need to upload your most current transcript. If you need help with this, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- The General Application is the first step – you have not yet applied for any scholarship. See Step 3 below.
Scroll Through the list and apply for scholarships.
- After completing your General Application, click on “opportunities” then “recommended” or “ours” to list scholarships for which you might be eligible. The general application is the first step.
- You must apply for specific scholarships or interest-free loan programs by clicking on and completing the questions for each scholarship.
NOTE: Scholarship Central includes applications to over 130 regional scholarships. Most of which accept applications January through April. Check Scholarship Central frequently to find ones that meet your needs.
You should submit the application as soon as you have answered all the questions. If a recommendation is required and you have entered the name and email address of the recommender, you can submit the application. You do not have to wait for the recommendation to be completed before you submit your application.
Items you will need:
- Uploadable copy of your most recent transcript.
- Uploadable copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
The SAR should list your EFC (Expected Family Contribution)
- Uploadable copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you plan to attend.
Your Financial Aid Award Letter should include your name, the college, the academic year for which it applies, and the Loans, Scholarships, and/or Grants you are eligible to receive