5 Steps to Creating Your Give STL Day 2020 Fundraising Campaigns
Fundraising campaigns are the perfect way for donors to show support for the causes they are passionate about during Give STL Day on May 7, 2020! In 2019, fundraising campaigns raised $93,080.71 for local nonprofits.
How do I create a fundraising campaign?
STEP 1: CHOOSE AN ORGANIZATION TO SUPPORT
Find your favorite nonprofit at www.givestlday.org using the website’s search function and click the “Create a Campaign” button.
STEP 2: LOGIN OR CREATE A PROFILE
In order to create a fundraising campaign, the donor must create a donor profile. In the upper right corner of the website, select Login and select Donor. To create a profile, click the orange “Create Profile” button.
STEP 3: FILL OUT YOUR CAMPAIGN
Create or log in to your Donor account and complete the required information to create a campaign. Set a fundraising goal and tell audiences why this organization is important to you!
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR CAMPAIGN
When you’re ready, click the blue “Publish My Campaign” button, which will alert your chosen nonprofit to inform them that you have created a campaign on their behalf.
STEP 5: SHARE YOUR CAMPAIGN TO HELP YOUR CAUSE!
Campaigns are only successful when they’re shared! Copy your campaign’s unique URL to share with your family, friends, and other contacts in emails and posts to social media.
Keep these dates in mind:
- April 3 – All edits to nonprofit profiles should complete and published by April 3. This will be key in order for us to open the platform for Early Giving, which begins April 6. Registration closes for nonprofit participation.
- April 6 – Early Giving Begins – the Give STL Day website will begin accepting donations during the Early Giving period April 6 – May 6.
- May 6 – Early Giving Ends
- *May 6 – Campaign creation ends
- May 7 – Give STL Day
What are the benefits of fundraising campaigns?
- Campaigns are an easy way for a donor to rally behind their favorite nonprofit.
- Each campaign allows the donor to tell their story or experience with a nonprofit which can be extremely powerful.
- Campaigns can be shared across various platforms so families, friends and colleagues can show their support.
- Because campaigns are shared on social media, they reach different people that the nonprofit may not have reached otherwise.
- Anyone can create a campaign, so it allows for greater involvement from people not directly associated with the nonprofit.
- Campaigns can be run as competitions which is a good way for nonprofits to track/attribute donations to individuals on the day.
- Campaigns are a good way for nonprofits to recruit new donors that they may not have reached otherwise.
- Research has shown that most giving, particularly online or at events, is driven by relationships. When a donor posts their campaign and shares their personal story, people will donate because of their connection to that donor.
If you are a nonprofit and you have not registered for Give STL Day, click here
For questions contact us at email@example.com