St. Louis Regional Census Fund Grants Over $430,000 to Support Community-Based Organizations
The St. Louis Community Foundation (STLCF) along with 10 other local funders came together in 2019 to form the St. Louis Regional Census Fund to grant nonprofit organizations funds to increase awareness of the 2020 Census in the St. Louis and surrounding areas. In November 2019, the Census Funding Group granted over $430,000 to provide support to 30 trusted community-based organizations.
Funders participating in the pooled fund include Clark-Fox Family Foundation, Deaconess Foundation, Incarnate Word Foundation, Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis, Marillac Mission Fund, Missouri Foundation for Health, St. Louis Senior Fund, St. Louis County Children’s Service Fund, and St. Louis Community Foundation. The Gateway Center for Giving and the United Way of Greater St. Louis serve as partners in this work.
The fund was created to raise awareness of the 2020 Census in the St. Louis area, and emphasize its importance, particularly in hard-to-count areas. Hard-to-count areas include people of color, immigrants and refugees, non-English speakers, children under five, people living in poverty and people experiencing homelessness.
Organizations who received funding include:
- Action St. Louis – We Count 314
- Behavioral Health Network of Greater St. Louis – Bridge to Census Participation
- Beyond Housing – Beyond Housing: 2020 Census Plan
- Bilingual International Assistant Services – Targeted Census Assistance to Limited English Proficient Populations with Multiple Barriers
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis – Teens Advocate for Full and Accurate Census Participation
- United 4 Children – Parent Cafes + Census Info Sessions
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County – Complete Count Census Campaign
- Fathers’ Support Center – Fathers and Families Census 2020 Project
- Five Star Senior Center – Help Shape STL 2020 Census
- Food Outreach Inc. – Food Outreach Client Informational Campaign for 2020 Census
- Gateway Region YMCA – We Have to Be Counted!: Building Capacity and Sense of Urgency for a Complete Count in North County
- Girls Inc. – Girls and the Count
- Haven Recovery Gives Back – Recovery Housing Census Education & Participation
- Health Protection and Education Service – 2020 Census Participation Among Elderly Asian Americans and LEP Immigrants in St. Louis
- International Institute of St. Louis -Immigrants Count! Census 2020
- LifeWise STL – Your Family Counts at LifeWise STL
- Metropolitan Congregations United – MCU Sacred Votes Census Project 2020
- MindsEye – Census Outreach to St. Louisans with a Visual Disability
- Mission: St. Louis – Census Participant Outreach
- Missouri Council of the Blind – Present 2020 Census Info to the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Missouri Faith Voices – You Count
- Oasis International Ministries – 2020 Census for St. Louis Area Refugees
- Organization for Black Struggle – We Count Project
- PROMO Fund – LGBTQ Census Campaign
- Louis Area Agency on Aging – You Matter! Motivating Low Income Older Persons to complete the Census
- Louis County Library Foundation – Census 2020 — Library Response
- Thomas Dunn Learning Center – St. Louis Dutch Town Community Census Outreach Project
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis, Inc. – YOU MATTER and Get Counted!
- Vitendo 4 Africa – Census Outreach for African Immigrant and Refugee Population
- Washington University in St. Louis – Natives Count: American Indian Participation in the 2020 U.S. Census in the St. Louis Region
Starting March 12th, you can respond to the 2020 Census at 2020census.gov.