Open Position Announcement: Accounting Clerk
The St. Louis Community Foundation has an immediate position opening for an Accounting Clerk. Requirements: B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance. Ability to reconcile accounting information. Non-profit experience is a plus.
This is a full-time, professional position with significant relationship, donor-service, and stewardship responsibilities. It requires an understanding of the Foundation’s mission, goals, and business model and a working understanding of the Foundation’s giving strategies. This position will maintain the Foundation’s financial investment records, prepare various financial reconciliations, and participate in various special projects as needed.
Reports to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records cash transfers from investment accounts to checking.
- Processes cash transfer instructions to financial institutions.
- Reconciles all investment accounts and the foundation bank accounts and allocates investment income and fees to the individual foundation funds.
- Posts transactions and journal entries to the general ledger.
- Maintains orderly files of account reconciliations, and other accounting documents and records.
- Maintains financial advisor listing and documentation for compliance reporting.
- Reconciles the sub-ledgers of Accounts Payable, Gift, Grant modules to the general ledger on a quarterly basis.
- Ongoing FIMS monitoring ensuring accurate detail in the General Ledger and sub-ledger modules.
- Assists in preparation of financial reports for management, donors, and board as needed.
- Assists external auditors during annual financial audit and preparation of tax returns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Proven ability to reconcile accounting data. Non-profit funding accounting experience and knowledge of automated accounting systems is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proven proficiency with relational databases (FIMS).
- A commitment to and proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain a complex load of commitments.
- High energy, cross-functional, and detail-oriented approach to working in a team driven organization committed to community service.
- Must be able to remain in a sitting stationary position for an extended period of time; climb one flight of stairs; stand, reach, and stoop while filing, copying, and storing supplies; lift up to 15 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
Our compensation and benefits package are competitive for the field and will be commensurate with experience and/or qualifications. It includes paid time off (holidays, sick time, 2 personal days, and 10 vacation days), a matching retirement plan, and medical, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance
Application and Additional Information
Submit a cover letter and resume in confidence via email with your name in the subject line to the St. Louis Community Foundation at email@example.com.
The St. Louis Community Foundation prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The St. Louis Community Foundation conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.