Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund is a simple, tax efficient investment account for charitable giving.
Donor Advised Funds are the most popular type of charitable fund. Their ease of set up and use, tax and other benefits makes them a great option for individuals and businesses, and offer benefits when paired with a private foundation.
A Donor Advised Fund at the St. Louis Community Foundation offers the additional benefit of your very own local giving experts who knows your community, offering personal service and helping you bring your giving inspirations to reality.
- Contribute a range of assets to your DAF, such as cash and appreciated assets, and receive the highest immediate tax deduction allowed by law.
- Invest your charitable funds in our investment pools, or work with your Professional Advisor.
- Grant to your favorite charities at any time you wish.
- Leave the details to us: We verify that your grants are made to qualified nonprofits, write the checks and handle the reporting.
- Receive a single report consolidating your annual giving activity.
- Select nonprofits you want to support using our online services.
- Designate successor trustees to carry out your wishes or designate the St. Louis Community Foundation.
- Make additional contributions to your fund at any time.
- Grow your DAF, building an endowment over time.
- Open your fund for a minimum of $10,000.