COVID-19 Regional Response Fund provides $250,000 grant for cloth masks and filters to be distributed through PrepareSTL
The COVID-19 Regional Response Fund, a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, granted $250,000 for cloth masks and filters, as well as educational material to be distributed through PrepareSTL in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PrepareSTL is a collaborative campaign powered by Missouri Foundation for Health in partnership with the Regional Health Commission, the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and other community health organizations to help prepare and protect St. Louisans from the effects of the coronavirus, how to stop its spread and how to survive the pandemic physically, emotionally and economically. The masks and accompanying materials are designed to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Prepare STL will be distributing free masks to the public Saturday, August 29 at Schnucks in South City located at 3430 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63118.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS
According to the Center for Disease Control, the following steps are recommended to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
- Stay home as much as possible!
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people while out in public, outside or at work.
- Wash your hands, fingers and wrist for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after being in a public place, blowing your nose or coughing.
- Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and rub all over hands until dry. Soap and water for 20 seconds is best!
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often like tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, desks, sinks and electronics like phones and tablets.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Wear a face covering when in public to avoid spreading the virus to you or to others. Make a face covering from a t-shirt with instructions.
For more information about stopping the spread of the coronavirus or for testing information, visit cdc.gov.