A Note to the St. Louis Community
Last week, Amelia Bond, St. Louis Community Foundation president and CEO, announced her intention to retire from her position effective June 2023. We are immensely grateful to Amelia for her years of visionary leadership.
Amelia will leave our 107-year-old Foundation with unprecedented momentum; energized donors; a strong network of community, civic, and nonprofit leaders; and a creative and knowledgeable staff. During her tenure, Amelia and her staff have put the St. Louis Community Foundation on the local and national philanthropic map.
Consider the following Foundation statistics:
- Ranked 21st in grant-making out of 800 community foundations nationally
- More than 800 Donor Advised Funds, an increase from 400 in 2011
- Grants to nonprofits exceeded $100 million in each of the last three years, making the Community Foundation the region’s largest grant-making organization in St. Louis
- Foundation assets have grown from $183 million in 2011 to more than $550 million
- $800 million in donor gifts received by the Foundation since 2011
- Actively engages more than 1,000 nonprofits each year as part of Give STL Day, which has raised more than $26 million for regional nonprofits since 2014
Our success, however, extends beyond numbers. Recent Foundation projects like our Covid relief
efforts, the St. Louis Welcome Fund for refugees, the recent report on the Digital Divide and Give STL Day demonstrate this organization’s reach and impact across our community. The Foundation is part of our regional fabric and serves as a knowledgeable, accessible, philanthropic resource for donors, nonprofits, civic and community leaders, and professional advisors.
The St. Louis Community Foundation Board of Directors congratulates Amelia on her remarkable career achievements, and we wish her all the best as she prepares for her retirement next year. As we search for her successor, we will look for an individual with the passion, vision, and drive to sustain our momentum and build upon the Foundation’s long track record of success.
St. Louis Community Foundation