As 2021 draws to a close, we can be grateful that our community is steadily returning to a “normal” that feels more hopeful. This year has been one in which the generosity of our donors once again fueled transformative philanthropy and inspired change.
At the St. Louis Community Foundation, we anticipate making nearly 7,000 grants totaling more than $110 million to 2,500 nonprofits here in St. Louis and around the world. In addition, we have awarded $1.6 million in scholarships to 600 local students. This grantmaking volume places us among the top 20 community foundations in the United States.
Here are some of this year’s highlights. Click on each to learn more.
- Bridgeton Landfill Community Project Fund
- Regional Response Team
- Black Communities Investment Initiative
- Community Carry Out Fund
Additionally, the Community Foundation serves as fiscal sponsor to carefully selected entities and efforts that align with our mission.
The ongoing support of our donors makes these initiatives possible. They go a long way toward making the St. Louis region a stronger, more equitable, and vibrant community. If you are interested in getting involved, consider creating a fund or making a donation today.
The Foundation’s Live Here Give Here blog featured many inspiring stories focused on charitable giving and our region’s nonprofit community including:
- Dream Builders 4 Equity Receives $1 Million Grant
- Endowed Fund Supports Renovation of 127-year-old Schoolhouse
- Unexpected Ways to Give
- Nonprofit Spotlight: Covenant House Missouri
- Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholarship Offers College Access for Local Youth
- COVID-19 Regional Response Fund Grantee Spotlight: Join Hands East St. Louis
- Bridgeton Landfill Community Project Fund Grantees: SSM Health and IFM Community Medicine
- Arch Grants Aims to Further Advance Economic Empowerment
- Connect STL Addresses the Digital Divide in St. Louis
The St. Louis Community Foundation team and I are excited to continue collaborating as we work together to build legacies, uplift our community, prioritize equity, and improve the lives of people across the region.
Thank you for an amazing year!