Open Position: Donor Services and Administrative Assistant
About the Foundation
The St. Louis Community Foundation is dedicated to inspiring purposeful philanthropy that connects community and donors to build and preserve a more equitable and vibrant region, now and forever. Our focus on charitable giving to improve the region is fueled by unwavering objectivity, renowned technical discipline, and a commitment to work collaboratively with fundholders, their wealth advisors, the nonprofits they support, civic and community leaders, and other funders.
One of the nation’s first community foundations, the St. Louis Community Foundation was founded in 1915 as a 501(c )3 public charity, and today is composed of 800 funds with total assets of $550 million. Each fund represents a unique philanthropic purpose, the majority in partnership with an individual, family, business, community initiative. Visit www.stlgives.org to learn more.
The Donor Services Assistant provides administrative support, primarily for the Foundation’s Donor Services and Administration work, and manages the office. This is a critical position to the effective operation of the Foundation’s mission.
Reports to the Director of Donor Services and President & CEO.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts daily and routine activities necessary to effectively carry out the mission of the Foundation by helping specific departments be effective and timely. This position supports grantmaking, gifts, the Board, CEO, and Foundation programs and events. Tasks to meet this responsibility include:
- Data entry, organizing, sorting, e-filing, and mailing weekly grants and correspondence, and assisting with large project grant distributions.
- Due diligence on nonprofits new to our grant system.
- Entering information into the Foundation’s database accurately and within Foundation protocol.
- Routinely reviewing database entries and editing as necessary.
- Scanning and filing documents and correspondence on a routine, timely basis, as instructed by Foundation protocol.
- Assisting with the gift log, organization, and routing of gift documentation.
- Creating the office deposit.
- Opening and distributing mail, supporting phone and security coverage, supply inventory.
- Managing room calendars, phone system for office, Foundation’s general information mailbox, and IT issues, including ordering and inventory of equipment; set up of new employees
- Manage the administrative functions of the CEO’s office: (1) telephone coverage; (2) maintaining calendars; (3) prioritizing incoming correspondence; (4) preparing outgoing correspondence; (5) maintaining general and confidential files; and (6) making travel arrangements.
- Schedule meetings for the CEO: (1) initial scheduling, (2) sending reminders, (3) forwarding meeting information in advance, (4) ordering food as appropriate and (5) setting up and restoring meeting spaces for in-office gatherings.
- Assist in managing key workflows and special projects including: (1) internal standard operating procedures requiring the CEO’s signature/approval; and (2) support of the CEO’s work with committees and outside organizations related to the Foundation.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors including: (1) coordinating and prepare meeting schedules, logistics, materials, and minutes; (2) assisting the Board’s officers in their work on behalf of the Foundation; and (3) maintaining the Board’s official records.
- Assisting with Foundation events and activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products and curiosity about learning new systems.
- Effectively interact with a wide variety of individuals, professionals, and other staff.
- Detail-oriented approach to working in a team-driven organization committed to community service.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The St. Louis Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and non-binary people, as well as other structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary will be negotiated based on experience, qualifications, and record of achievement. Minimum starting salary of $45,000. Candidate salary history will not be requested nor referenced in negotiating salary. Health, dental, and additional benefits are available.
37.5-hour work week. Office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. The Foundation offers flexible time options for its full-time employees in good standing, after 3 months of satisfactory employment.
COVID-19 Related Operations
The St. Louis Community Foundation will operate at our headquarters located at #2 Oak Knoll Park in compliance with St. Louis County health guidelines. Applicants are highly encouraged to be COVID-19 vaccinated, including appropriate boosters.
Commitment to Equity
The St. Louis Community Foundation strives to achieve equity in our workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Community Foundation conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations, valuing equity in the workplace and community.
Submit in confidence a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com with “Donor Services Administrative Assistant – <your name>” in the subject line by December 8, 2023.