THE FUND’S SCOPE AND RESTRICTIONS
- The terms of the settlement require that the Bridgeton Fund be used for community betterment in the areas of health, public safety, and the environment for communities impacted by the subsurface smoldering event.
- Priority will be given to programs and projects within a four-mile radius from the Landfill.
- Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations only.
- The St. Louis Community Foundation will disburse all funds within four years.
The settlement also specified some restrictions on the Fund. Specifically, the funds may NOT be used for the following:
Funding initiatives will fall into four areas:
- Physical Health
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- Public Safety
- Community Greening and Healthy Living
- Small grants to community-based organizations whose work falls under the areas of Health, Public Safety or the environment
Initiatives may also overlay efforts targeting children, youth, and families and/or that address basic needs of the community (food insecurity, housing, transportation, etc.).
APPLYING FOR A GRANT
The St. Louis Community Foundation will be releasing “Requests for Proposals” (RFPs) for funding beginning in early 2019 and will use the Missouri Common Grant Application v 2.0 modified for the Bridgeton Landfill Community Project Fund. The timing for RFPs is
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse: (Spring 2019) To see a list of the grants awarded click here.
- Community Greening and Gardening (Fall 2019)
- Access to Health Care (2020)
- Community Grants (Spring 2019, Fall 2019) To see a list of the grants awarded click here.
Currently there are no open RFPs for this fund.
As this is a time-restricted fund, sustainability of any project or program will be a key factor in reviewing grant applications.
The Community Foundation envisions a few larger projects, as well, specifically in the areas of Public Safety and Health Care Access. These will have individual RFPs and will be rolled out over the next three years as they are identified.
Click here to learn more about the Bridgeton Fund.
Mental Heath and Substance Abuse Application Materials
- Click here to download the Mental Health and Substance Abuse RFP
- Click here to download the common grant application for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Click here to download the budget template.
Small Grants Application Materials